Cystic acne is different from the normal acne. It is not only the most painful acne, but also very severe in its symptoms presented. It is essentially an acne has developed into a cyst. A cyst is a closed sac with a membrane and some tissues that get painfully inflamed. Untreated, cystic acne on chin can reproduce and may leave a scar.
What causes cystic acne on Chin
Cystic acne on chin can occur for various reasons, so it is very difficult to determine why it appears. Hormonal changes and imbalance is perceived as one of the most common causes of cystic acne. Some attribute the occurrence of dermatologist acne cystic our genes, so hereditary is also considered as a cause. Diet, especially foods that people are very sensitive, can cause cystic acne. Prolonged use of certain medications is also a cause. It is believed that stress plays a role in the worsening of acne one and turning it into a cyst. Harsh or greasy cosmetics tendency leads to add the aggravation. Another reason why common cystic acne may recur or spread is tightening and / or opening of acne. That results in substances such as bacteria, hair, and oil and could be left deep in the tissue, which causes recurring cystic acne. Learn more about causes of cystic acne and treatment.
Treatment of cystic acne
A dermatologist will recommend a treatment or medication, depending on the severity of the acne cyst on chin. When people develop acne on the face or neck, it not only causes physical pain but also emotional stress. Here are some possible treatments:
- Surgical drainage: Done primarily by the dermatologist, this surgery is to open the acne under sterile conditions and it fully discharges. The chances of scarring are present in surgical drainage
- International corticosteroids injections: This treatment is usually given when medication fails to combat acne, and it is severely inflamed and close to a breakdown. The dermatologist injects diluted corticosteroids directly into the cyst, to the greatest concentration of the medicine deep into some sub-epidermal. This is done to speed healing.
- Antibiotics and other oral medications drugs: Some of the common drugs for treating cystic acne include tetracycline, Oxycontin, erythromycin, etc. in this case the doctor may prescribe some anti-same pain as ibuprofen. Another recommended a strong drug: Isotretinoin. It is a synthetic retinoid which is to be taken orally. This medicine comes with a long list of “do not”, as it has some serious side effects.
Home remedy for cystic acne
The most important thing to keep in mind while dealing with cystic acne is never ever squeezes or pricks with hands. The hand tight spreads the bacteria causing more infection. A dermatologist is the best person to help you deal with cystic acne on the chin. However, here are some simple cystic acne home treatments you can try:
- Soda and sea salt: Prepare a paste by dissolving the baking soda and sea salt together. Once a week, apply this paste on and around the inflamed cystic acne on the chin.
- Apple Toner: Apply fresh apple juice or apple cider vinegar to restore the natural pH balance of the skin.
- Aloe Vera: An application of aloe Vera juice or pure gel sterile will promote healing.
- Fresh lime: Wash face with lime juice mixed with boiled milk regularly.
- Mango: A paste of fresh mango pulp and lemon juice will soften the skin around the open cystic acne and clogged pores.
- Cystic acne on chin can get difficult to manage if you do not seek treatment, and then there is a chance that the scar may be left behind. You should immediately consult a dermatologist to the occurrence of any acne, including cystic.