Chin acne occurs due to reasons similar to acne breakouts in any other part of the body, which is the clogging of hair follicles. This blockade is due to the accumulation of dead skin cells and an increase in oil production, both trying to escape through the pores of the skin and in the process create a ground for the growth of sensitive bacteria and viruses.
Experts say that chin acne is a more common problem with women rather than men and can occur at any age. They also argue that it is during menstrual cycles during which women are more bogged down by the bumps on their skin surface. For women, chin acne can erupt during puberty, menstrual cycles or pregnancy.
Causes of chin acne
Researchers have zeroed down on some of the reasons that can be identified as causes of chin acne. They are comprehensive and include the following:
– Hormonal problems
– Presence of toxins and other impurities in the body
– The high stress levels
– A calendar unbalanced diet
– The chin acne in women is more common due to hormonal fluctuations.
Treatment for chin acne
Dermatologists have observed many formulas and medicines to treat acne chin. They include the following:
– Accutane is effective in treating chin acne. It is however to be taken with the advice and consent of a doctor because experts are of the opinion that diabetics and pregnant women should avoid the use of Accutane.
– Use antibiotic creams like Oxy 10 to treat your acne chin.
– Wash your face every day.
– Drink plenty of water.
– Maintain a healthy diet pattern and routine.
– Apply a light moisturizer to keep skin soft and nourished.
– Get enough sleep.
– Include fruits and vegetables in your diet.
– A systematic low-dose isotretinoin is also useful for treating acne chin.
– Anti-bacterial cleaners to clean acne on chin can also be used to get rid of chin acne.
– A recommended dose of doxycycline is also suggested by the experts of the skin to treat acne chin.
– Some birth control pills can control acne chin minimizing the production of androgens. Therefore, for chin acne, Ocella or Yasmin (birth control pills) may be prescribed by your doctor
Experts also warn people with chin acne to keep away from solutions of benzoyl peroxide and topical retinoids for the treatment of acne chin, as these formulas are more likely to cause skin sensitivities as an itching or burning sensation.
Adding to this, the researchers also warn against picking on chin acne because it can cause scarring and / or may also worsen your acne condition by spreading the bacteria to other parts as well. The use of non comedogenic and oil free products to treat acne chin is a preference classic and safe. Then, for any skin treatment, it is very essential to seek recommendations from a skin specialist or dermatologist.