Is a form of severe acne, cystic acne is characterized by comedones and deep lesions involving red buttons, but mostly painful indurate nodules.
We will try to learn more about possible causes and treatments available to treat this type of acne.
Presentation of cystic acne
Generally, acne is a skin condition, manifesting itself in the form of papules, a blackhead or pustule at the surface of the skin.
It can take as severe cystic acne, which originally is an infection that can lead to the formation of cysts, with swelling and red pustules visible surface.
Also known as nodule cystic acne is the most severe type of acne vulgar or banal. It is mainly characterized by lesions involving deep-seated comedones, papules, nodules painful. It gives some scars if not treated and takes much more time to heal.
Most of the time, it is confused with rosacea. Indeed, the latter is in the form of buttons and red nodules on the forehead, chin, cheeks and nose. The only difference is that Rosacea is not the result of blackheads or whiteheads.
The causes of cystic acne
It can be of infectious origin. Collecting dirt and bacteria carried on the surface of oily skin acne, increases the risk of developing this type of acne.
This occurs mostly by too much handling buttons with dirty hands especially during the outbreak of acne.
It can also be caused by hormones, especially after a period of pregnancy. In this case, it is the result of hormonal changes constantly, a hormonal change or a hormonal imbalance.
It can also be hereditary. Indeed, this form of acne can pass from one generation to another.
Available treatments for cystic acne
- Natural solutions such as herbs and home remedies can help in the treatment of cystic acne. Tea tree oil is an example.
- Antibiotics such as tetracycline can affect the signs reducing the risk of scarring. The average duration of treatment is at least 4 months.
- Isotretinoin is the most effective treatment, is also the most powerful in treating this type of acne. It is a product made from synthetic retinoid, in pill form.
- These are used for 16 to 20 weeks and effectiveness can last from several months to several years. However, one must be very careful, because they contain a lot of potentially serious side effects.
- The chemical exfoliation is a kind of intervention to restore the skin’s radiance and reduce the number of buttons. But it has little effect on the scars.
- The laser is the radical solution, especially if acne is resistant to all treatments mentioned above. It helps to eliminate injuries and scars. Its only drawback is generally high in cost.